James H. Longmore
James hails originally from Yorkshire, England having relocated with his family to Houston, Texas in 2010. He has an honors degree in Zoology and a background in sales, marketing and business. He is relatively new to the writing arena, having only begun in earnest a few years ago.
James is an Affiliate Member of the Horror Writers Association
- ‘‘Pede’ (skin-crawling, creature horror: Black Bed Sheet Books).
- ‘The Erotic Odyssey of Colton Forshay’ (bizarro fantasy horror; HellBound Books).
- ‘And Then You Die’ (grotesque horror/bizarro/dark comedy; J Ellington Ashton, Summer 2016).
- ‘Flanagan’ (psychosexual horror; Sinister Grin Press, 2017).
- ‘Buds’ (horror/Sci-Fi; Morbid Books, 2016).
- ‘Feeder’ (horror, HellBound Books, Fall 2016)
- ‘I Am Joe’s Unwanted Penis’ (JBP Fall 2016)
- ‘Winning & Losing’ (‘The Ripple Effect’ anthology;Horrified Press, Feb 2016).
- ‘Road Trip Bingo’ ('Bumps in the Road’ anthology;Black Bed Sheet Books, April 2016).
- ‘The Five Towns Pageant’ (‘Full Moon Slaughter’ anthology; J Ellington Ashton, Halloween 2016).
- ‘Zombie Hooker: A Love Story’ (‘Carnival of Gore’ anthology; Fat Lip Press 2016).
- ‘Snuffed: Fifty Shades of F****d Up’ (‘Rejected for content IV’ anthology; J Ellington Ashton, 2016)
- ‘Trophy Wife’ (The Creeps magazine, fall 2016).
- ‘A Proud Father’ (Campfire Creepy Quarterly 6, EMP Publishing, April 20 2017)
- 'First Impressions' (Black Candy, JBP, Halloween 2016)
- 'Mumble Trimmings and the Peculiar Case of the Reverse Pedophiles' (Splat 3, JEA, Winter 2016)
James also writes screenplays and currently has three under option (a spine-chilling horror, a Tarantino-esque crime caper and an animated family movie). In 2014 he was commissioned by Spectra Records to write a biopic feature on the early life of Bob Marley, and in 2015 was writer for hire on the Kenyan sitcom ‘The Samaritans’.
As if that weren’t enough, James has written and directed a bunch of short movies, winning Best Director in the 2013 Splatterfest film competition and Remi awards at Houston’s Worldfest Film Festival in 2012, 2014 and 2015.
In his spare time, James pens and performs stand-up comedy on the Houston comedy circuit.
James’ writing style has been described as uncompromising, unique and entertaining; he combines highly original ideas with brilliant vocabulary and highly effective yarn spinning in which the story always comes first! Be warned, his work does have a tendency towards the dark side – usually with a rich vein of humor – and there is always a delicious twist at the end!
James H. Longmore
'I am Joe's..." is an affectionate homage to the much-loved Reader's Digest series 'I am Joe's…', and a darkly humorous and bizarre parody of the Bruce Jenner story, this story is told from the point of view of a dismembered penis.
Feeder is a dark, disturbing peek into the world of gainers and feeders; grotesquely obese individuals and the people who facilitate their growth for the lascivious pleasure of both parties.
Release: December 2016Pages: 196
For more of James' work, check out his website: www.jameslongmore.com