James H. Longmore
James hails originally from Yorkshire, England having relocated with his family to Houston, Texas in 2010. He has an honors degree in Zoology and a background in sales, marketing and business. He is relatively new to the writing arena, having only begun in earnest a few years ago.
James is an Affiliate Member of the Horror Writers Association
- ‘‘Pede’ (skin-crawling, creature horror: Black Bed Sheet Books).
- ‘The Erotic Odyssey of Colton Forshay’ (bizarro fantasy horror; HellBound Books).
- ‘And Then You Die’ (grotesque horror/bizarro/dark comedy; J Ellington Ashton, Summer 2016).
- ‘Flanagan’ (psychosexual horror; Sinister Grin Press, 2017).
- 'Tenebrion' (demonic horror, Black Bed Sheet Books, 2017)
- 'Blood and Kisses' (short story collection, HellBound Books, 2017)
- ‘Buds’ (horror/Sci-Fi; Morbid Books, 2016).
- ‘Feeder’ (horror, HellBound Books, Fall 2016)
- ‘I Am Joe’s Unwanted Penis’ (JBP Fall 2016)
- ‘Winning & Losing’ (‘The Ripple Effect’ anthology;Horrified Press, Feb 2016).
- ‘Road Trip Bingo’ ('Bumps in the Road’ anthology;Black Bed Sheet Books, April 2016).
- ‘The Five Towns Pageant’ (‘Full Moon Slaughter’ anthology; J Ellington Ashton, Halloween 2016).
- ‘Zombie Hooker: A Love Story’ (‘Carnival of Gore’ anthology; Fat Lip Press 2016).
- ‘Snuffed: Fifty Shades of F****d Up’ (‘Rejected for content IV’ anthology; J Ellington Ashton, 2016)
- ‘Trophy Wife’ (The Creeps magazine, fall 2016).
- ‘A Proud Father’ (Campfire Creepy Quarterly 6, EMP Publishing, April 20 2017)
- 'First Impressions' (Black Candy, JBP, Halloween 2016)
- 'Mumble Trimmings and the Peculiar Case of the Reverse Pedophiles' (Splat 3, JEA, Winter 2016)
James also writes screenplays and currently has three under option (a spine-chilling horror, a Tarantino-esque crime caper and an animated family movie). In 2014 he was commissioned by Spectra Records to write a biopic feature on the early life of Bob Marley, and in 2015 was writer for hire on the Kenyan sitcom ‘The Samaritans’.
As if that weren’t enough, James has written and directed a bunch of short movies, winning Best Director in the 2013 Splatterfest film competition and Remi awards at Houston’s Worldfest Film Festival in 2012, 2014 and 2015.
In his spare time, James pens and performs stand-up comedy on the Houston comedy circuit.
James’ writing style has been described as uncompromising, unique and entertaining; he combines highly original ideas with brilliant vocabulary and highly effective yarn spinning in which the story always comes first! Be warned, his work does have a tendency towards the dark side – usually with a rich vein of humor – and there is always a delicious twist at the end!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
Scream Hard Review
"Face of An Angel", by James H Longmore
Once again this author delivers a short story that is executed sublimely.
Encapsulated only in 12 pages, you find exquisite depths and characterisation... that's no mean feat.
I cried at one point, laughed out loud and felt ice course through my veins, and although this sounds odd, to me that's a real treat!
An emotional story full of dark and piercing perceptions that you just know are as natural to James H Longmore as breathing.
The ebb and flow is his main armoury, a bit of a demon where it comes to delivering that killer line, be it funny, sad or shocking!
Scream Hard Review
"A Proud Father", by James Longmore
I'm still very emotional after finishing this short story late last night.
These poignant 7 pages delivered depth, beauty and horror with the sharpest of blades, so as the rush of emotions whilst reading were uncontrollable.
In many ways, and I'm sure when you read this you will agree, it reminded me of 'The Book Thief', in as much as you are taken on a journey that is fated to end in tragedy, yet you cannot help but allow yourself to love the characters.
I was treated to two short stories to read by this author and am thoroughly looking forward to 'Face of an Angel'. James Longmore has completely taken me by surprise. I had no idea what to expect, but then I do so love that feeling of discovery and such a fantastic way to find a new author.
In one sentence: If 'A Proud Father' was all James H Longmore ever wrote, it would be enough.
James H. Longmore
'I am Joe's..." is an affectionate homage to the much-loved Reader's Digest series 'I am Joe's…', and a darkly humorous and bizarre parody of the Bruce Jenner story, this story is told from the point of view of a dismembered penis.
Feeder is a dark, disturbing peek into the world of gainers and feeders; grotesquely obese individuals and the people who facilitate their growth for the lascivious pleasure of both parties.
Release: December 2016Pages: 196
"Think of what late greats James Herbert and Richard Laymon may have given birth to had they ever collaborated"
Welcome to the long awaited collection from the writer of horror novels 'Pede and Tenebrion; a forword by Richard Chizmar (co-author of Gwendy's Button Box and author of A Long December),18 short stories, 5 flash fiction and even a poem - all skin-crawling, soul-shredding tales of terror, of the darkest things that skulk amongst the night's inky shadows, and of the everyday gone horribly awry.
Release: August 2017Pages: 466
For more of James' work, check out his website: www.jameslongmore.com